Friday, October 14, 2011

Quarterly.

The books I have read over the past 9 weeks have been very different than any other books I have read before. The books I have read are mostly about drugs, sex, and things that people go through in life. I have never really been into those type of books. Before I read mostly vampire books like Twilight and The House of Night Series. But reading books like the Crank Series and Tweak you learn what life is life for people suffering from addictions and that is mostly seen in Tweak by Nic Sheff since it is a memoir. The life of drugs is foreign to me and it is interesting to read about how drugs like crystal meth and heroin have taken over the lives of normal people. It is really just fasinating to me. Some books that I really want to read over the next nine weeks are Impulse, Burned, and Perfect by Ellen Hopkins, Beautiful Boy by David Sheff (his point of view on his son Nic's addiction, which I will be starting over the weekend), and Leaving Dirty Jersey (?) another drug memoir.

I really think I need to get a job so I can actually purchase all these books and add them to my collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment