Friday, October 14, 2011

Currently from last week.

Last week I started a book called Identical by Ellen Hopkins. I am really getting into her work and will eventually read all of her books. But this book had a huge twist in it that you do not expect at all, but I won't spoil the ending. Anyways, the book follows two identical twins, Kaeleigh and Raeanne. They are identical on the outside, but are completely different on the inside.

Discription from inside book:

Kaeleigh and Raeanne are 16-year-old identical twins, the daughters of a district court judge father and politician mother running for Congress. Everything on the surface of their lives seems Norman Rockwell perfect, but underneath run deep and damaging secrets.
Kaeleigh is the good girl-her father's perfect flower, something she has tried so hard to be since she was nine and he started sexually abusing her. She cuts herself and vomits after every binge, desperate to feel something normal. Raeanne uses painkillers, drugs, alcohol, and sex to numb the pain of not being Daddy's favorite. Both girls must figure out how to become whole, but how can they when their world has been torn to shreds?

Sentences of the week:

“Don't make me laugh, I'd much rather cry.”

“HAPPY EVER AFTER
is a concept I'll never believe
in. I would be content to sample
some little taste of happiness
today, tonight, right now. Though I know
without a doubt that tomorrow
will come saturated with pain.
Life is like that. At least
my life. And honestly, I cant
think of anyone whose life
is any different. The price
tag for joy is misery.”

“A whole big, giant world full of men. Men with blue eyes. Brown eyes. Green eyes. And indescribable shades in between. Tall men. Short men. Skinny men. Built men. And all combinations thereof. Nice men (so I've heard, but never really seen). Mean men. Decent men, indecent. And who knows which is the best kind to have, to hold, to love? I'd say, with so many men in the world, it would pay to sample a few. Scratch that. More than a few. Lots and lots. And then a few more. And maybe, after years of research, you might find one worth not throwing back. But hey, the fun is in the fishing.”

Sentences read this week: 565
Sentences read this semester: 3533

No comments:

Post a Comment